With so much to choose from, we were pretty hard-pressed to narrow it down, and we could have made a top 100 with ease. Ask ten people and you will get ten different lists, so here goes to a very open ended list!
Most of these destinations on our list have links to various sites, with further information that might be helpful, so even if you cant visit at least go on a virtual tour and enjoy what is on offer.
- Lake St Lucia – with its unique lakes this subtropical paradise is teeming with wildlife along its coastline and forests
- Hluhluwe-iMfolozi – Africa’s oldest game park and home to the big five
- Tembe Elephant Park – see the last remaining indigenous herd in KZN roam the sand forests and grasslands
- Ndumo Nature Reserve – offering a wildlife experience amongst its wetlands, bush and forests that is a must to see
- Mkuze Game Reserve – unique with its flat grasslands, fossil pans, wetlands and sand dunes a paradise for bird lovers
- Battlefields Tour – a trip to historic Dundee is a must with Rourkes Drift and Isandlwana battlefields amongst the highlights
- Lake Sibaya – the largest freshwater lake in SA this is truly a unique and unspoiled piece of paradise waiting to be discovered
- Zululand Birding Route – with 600 species and 14 self-drive routes this is Africa’s hotspot for bird and nature lovers alike
- Dlinza Forest Aerial Walk – Eshowe offers the first of its kind in Southern Africa allowing a birds eye view of magnificent forest views
- Amatikulu Game Reserve – one of the hidden gems in Zululand, with over 300 bird species, forest walks as well as kayaking on the rivers and estuary makes this a must do family outing
What is your top ten for Zululand?